Over the last few months, the COVID-19 pandemic has completely transformed nearly every aspect of our society. The business landscape, in particular, has undergone some seismic shifts. Today, as businesses across the nation prepare for a gradual and safe return to work, millions of job candidates are beginning to wonder what their professional lives will look like in a post-pandemic world.
While it’s impossible to say what the future holds, there are some strategies that candidates can adopt in the here and now to maximize their chances of standing out to employers in the next few months.
Three Tips to Help You Find a Job After COVID-19
The return to work will be a trend that will very likely start slowly, but then gradually gain speed and eventually become a quite rapid process. Given that fact, the best thing that job candidates can do right now is to prepare themselves to jump aboard the return to work bandwagon quickly. In other words, it’s important for jobseekers to be familiar with the skills and resources that will help them to be successful candidates in a post-COVID-19 business landscape.
Here are three tips that can make your return to work a quick and smooth process:
- Practice virtual interviewing skills. It’s highly unlikely that in-person interviews will return to being the professional norm anytime soon. With that in mind, job candidates would be well advised to start brushing up on and practicing their remote interviewing skills.
- Start polishing your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. We all have a lot of free time on our hands right now, which means we also have a golden opportunity to clean up our application portfolio. No matter how clean and refined your resume, cover letter, and social media profiles might be, there are always some minor improvements that we can make to them, which will help to catch the eye of a potential employer.
- Sign up for the Tri-Starr First To Work program. Our First To Work program is a first-of-its-kind initiative to get candidates connected with employers as we transition out of the COVID-19 pandemic. Here’s how it works in three easy steps:
- Submit your information online.
- Wait for a call from one of our expert recruiters.
- Get connected with employers that are hiring in your area fast!
It’s that easy!
Sign Up Today to Be the First To Work
Submit your information today to join our First To Work program and maximize your chances of finding rewarding and high-paying work after COVID-19!